I can never resist lists like this…who knows if this stuff works or if it doesn’t, but it’s always fun to try…
50 SIMPLE CHARMS
by Victoria Martyn
Who says that magick has to be complex? Here are fifty simple charms that
utilize many different common items, herbs, fruits and vegetables.
Note: Please do not use any of these charms in place of medical treatment,
or when outside help is obviously advisable.
1. Lay thorny branches on your doorstep to keep evil from your dwelling.
2. Eat a pinch of thyme before bed, and you will have sweet dreams.
3. Place chips of cedar wood in a box with some coins to draw money to you.
4. Carry an anemone flower with you to ward against illness.
5. Hang a bit of seaweed in the kitchen to ward evil spirits.
6. Keep a jar of alfalfa in your cupboards to ensure the prosperity of your
7. Burn allspice as an incense to draw money or luck to you, as well as
8. Cut an apple in half, and give one half to your love to ensure a
9. Carry an avocado pit with you to let your inner beauty shine outwardly.
10. Avocado is an aphrodisiac.
11. Strawberries are an aphrodisiac.
12. Place a piece of cotton in your sugar bowl to draw good luck to your
13. Celery is an aphrodisiac.
14. Place almonds in your pocket when you need to find something.
15. Scatter chili peppers around your house to break a curse.
16. Carrying a packet of strawberry leaves will help ease the pains of
17. Scatter some sugar to purify a room.
18. Throw rice into the air to make rain.
19. Carry a potato in your pocket or purse all winter to ward against colds.
20. Eat five almonds before consuming alcohol, to lighten the effects of
21. Place a pine branch above your bed to keep illness away.
22. Chew celery seeds to help you concentrate.
23. Carry a chunk of dry pineapple in a bag to draw luck to you.
24. Ask an orange a yes or no question before you eat it, then count the
seeds: if the seeds are an even number, the answer is no. If an odd number
25. Eat olives to ensure fertility.
26. Toss oats out your back door to ensure that your garden or crop will be
27. Eat mustard seed to ensure fertility.
28. Place lilacs around your house to rid yourself of unwanted spirits.
29. Eat lettuce to drive lustful thoughts from your mind.
30. Rub a lettuce leaf over your forehead to help you sleep.
31. Add lemon juice to your bathwater for purification.
32. Eat grapes to increase psychic powers.
33. Carry a blade of grass to increase your psychic powers.
34. Smell dill to get rid of hiccups.
35. If you place a dill sachet over your door, those who wish you ill can
not enter your home.
36. Place cotton on an aching tooth, and the pain will ease.
37. Buy cotton to cause rain.
38. Place pepper inside a piece of cotton and sew it shut to make a charm to
bring back a lost love.
39. Carry a small onion to protect against venomous animals.
40. Eat grapes to increase fertility.
41. Place a sliced onion in the room of an ill person to draw out the
42. Place an onion underneath your pillow to have prophetic dreams.
43. Place morning glory seeds under your bed to cure nightmares.
44. Walk through the branches of a maple tree to ensure that you will have a
45. Mix salt and pepper together and scatter it around your house to dispel
46. Smell peppermint to help you sleep.
47. Hang a pea pod containing nine peas above the door to draw your future
mate to you.
48. Eat a peach to assist in making a tough decision.
49. Carry peach wood to lengthen your lifespan.
50. Carry a walnut to strengthen your heart muscle.